Iterating over a model seems to skip records with empty ID - a way to bypass?

Hi there,

In the model I talk about a MYSQL view which joins the actual model to each date of the year is the table. If there is no record which matches a date, a nearly empty row is returned by that view, only the ‘date’ column is not null.

When I directly SELECT that view via phpmyadmin, these nearly empty rows are there, but when I iterate the data model in php using foreach, these nearly empty rows are not iterated, they just miss.

I guess its because the ‘id’ column in these rows is null.

Yet I would like to iterate these rows. An easy trick to do that?

Can you make your model or query return some other value for ID via a function, whenever the ID column is null?

actually, if you don’t have id field then:

• set id_field = null
  • set read_only = true

after that you should be able to iterate normally and use in tables, but not CRUD, because it relies on unique ID field.

Other option is this:

$this->addExpression('id_combined', 'concat(coalesce([id], 0), "-", coalesce([id2], 0))');

Hi,

my description was not too good actually… here is a picture of what the MySQL view returns:

So I do have an id field (and I would like to keep the name), sometimes its null, sometimes not. I would really like this column to keep the name ‘id’ as name :slight_smile:

I also tried to set some'id_combined' field and set $this->id_field = 'id_combined', but it didnt make a change. What would be the correct place for re-setting $this->id_field?

As i mentioned, if it’s not unique and non-null, it can’t be “id_field”. Simply set property id_field to null and you should still be able to work with data.

If you need to edit rows you need ID field, no way around it.

Hi there,

seems the problem is not atk related: If I run the (very sensible) select query ATK produces directly, it returns the same result: Only rows where id field is not null… Will investigate there

look into strong vs weak joins. By default $model->join() is using strong join.

https://agile-data.readthedocs.io/en/develop/joins.html?highlight=joinLeft#specifying-complex-on-logic

It was my own stupidity, problem solved. I didnt join via ATK, I directly coded it in SQL as view. Now it works as wanted, thats improtant :slight_smile: